Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Redhat Linux does do mutilpathing well I'll give it that

Lots of my problems (come to find out) were due to not being registered with the redhat network. Note.. you need to have time/dat in sync with a time server. The SSL communication doesn't work other wise. In addition, if you aren't in sync you will corrupt the SSL certification process and may have to call redhat to get it straightened out (ask me how I know). I forget where under etc/redhatnetwork/ it was.. but you'll ahve many redhat network certificate saved as rhnw-someting.save1 save2 save 3... I used save 1 to replace my corrupt certificate. Once signed in there, I could add aditional software such as Base->legacy software support that I needed in order to install hp's Array Controller Utility (hpacu).
There's a real good write up at redhat site under docs on getting the multipathing setup. And the second redhat engineer I spoke with was very good (the first guy seemed in a hurry to get off the phone and didn't help me much).

No comments: